Mini Quiche Appetizers (Onion & Cheese)
Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
Want to wow your guests with a recipe that’s simple to do and easy to serve? These Mini Quiche Appetizers with Onion & Cheese are the perfect answer. Serve them warm or serve them room temperature. These mini muffin pan quiches are a quick bite that are perfect for family gatherings, cocktail parties, holiday parties, and even Mother’s Day brunch. Versatile and pretty on a plate – everyone will be ready to eat them up!
What is a quiche?
A quiche is quite simple a little tart. The French gave us quiche, and it’s one of the the world’s most versatile dishes! Quiche can be made in the form of a regular sized pie (with a pie crust), or in mini form like we are doing with this recipe. Serve quiche cool, warm, or at room temperature. Quiche is an egg-based custard dish that is generally paired with different chesse and meats or seafood along with some fresh herbs or vegetables. Quiche hs been loved for hundreds of years! For this recipe – Mini Quiche Appetizers (Onion & Cheese) we’ll take a simple, and elegant recipe and use it as an appetizer!
Fresh ingredients are really the hallmark of a nicely made quiche. In this recipe I used fresh, organic green onions.
What’s the difference between a quiche and a fritatta?
- One is baked, and one is “fried”.
- A quiche is cooked in a pie plate and a fritatta is most commonly made in a skillet.
- Fritatta don’t include nearly as much dairy as a quiche.
Mini Onion & Cheese Quiche Appetizer
These mini onion & cheese quiche appetizers are a perfect savory bite
to add to your list of go-to appetizers!
- 4 sheets of thawed puff pastry dough (keep your dough covered with a damp towel while prepping so they don't dry out).
- 3 green onions, sliced to slivers.
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 large eggs, scrambled
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Spray a 24 count mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut out 3" rounds of your puff pastry dough using a circle shaped cutter. (NOTE: You can find puff pastry shells that are pre-cut during the holidays at the grocery store). Place the rounds into each of the mini muffin pan openings
- Add 1 tsp of the onions and 1 tsp of the shredded cheese into each pastry cup.
- Fill up to near the top with beaten egg mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins and enjoy!
- These mini quiche can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature which makes them really easy to use as an appetizer for your party!
- Change out the green onions for shallots for a more subtle taste!
- Top with microgreens for an appetizing pop of color!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO 11212200 Good Grips GreenSaver Herb Keeper - Small
EXTRA LARGE Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove - Best Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables | Anti Microbial Heavy Duty Serving Tray w/Handles - 18 x 12
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP, 8 Inch, Black
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Mini Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 24-Cup
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
What to pair with these Mini Onion & Cheese Quiche Appetizers for a party?
- Pear Holiday Sparkler Cocktail (coming soon in my soon to be released Holiday Sips)
- Tomato Soup
- Focaccia Mini Pizza Appetizer
- Salad – try a strawberry salad with balsamic
- Fresh fruit salad
- Easy Stuffed Mushroom Appetizer
- Easy Apple Cheddar Cinnamon Waffles
Enjoy these Mini Onion & Cheese Quiche Apptizers – I have a feeling you’ll use this recipe again and again when you’re looking for a new twist on your regular appetizers!
There are so many amazing cocktails that pair with quiche, but the one in my Digital Cookbook for a Pear Holiday Sparkler (to be released later this fall) is one of my favorites. PLUS it shows you all sorts of other amazing pairings for cocktails and appetizers! Make sure you check it out!