You want to make entertaining easy. EASY is the name of the game! This recipe for a Quick & Easy Stuffed Mushroom appetizer fits the bill perfectly!
Quick & Easy Stuffed Mushroom Appetizer
My mother has always made the best stuffed mushrooms. Because they are so incredibly good, they were one of the first appetizers I made when I started entertaining. It’s the best stuffed mushroom recipe – and it’s so easy! You’re going to love this stuffed mushroom recipe! They’ve been a go-to for me because of three reasons:
- They are easy to make either with or without a protein. Should you have both meat lovers or guests that stick to veggies, you can please both.
- Stuffed mushrooms are quick to make and the recipe can be adjusted to taste easily.
- You can make them a day ahead – which is key for easy entertaining!
Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
How to make this quick and easy stuffed mushroom appetizer:
It honestly couldn’t be easier! For these vegetarian (not vegan) stuffed mushrooms, grab a package of white button mushrooms or baby bella mushrooms. Remove the stems and place them in a pile. Chop into little pieces. (Really easy so far, right)??
Comine chopped mushroom stems with 3/4 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp granulated garlic, 1 tsp crushed red pepper, 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan. Stir together. (Still super easy)!
Fill the caps using a small scoop.
Spread melted mozzarella over the top of the mushrooms. Be generous. I went with 1.5 cups, but you can certainly add more. In addition, sprinkle a tsp of Italian seasoning over the top for a bit of color.
Place the mushrooms into a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, and get ready for appetizer greatness!
More stuffed mushroom ideas
- Sausage stuffed mushrooms – add 1/2 cup crumbled sweet or hot sausage to the mix for meat lovers.
- Use leftover Thanksgiving stuffing with a half cup of the chopped mushrooms and sausage to create a holiday leftovers stuffed mushroom.
- Add a 1/3 cup of whipped cream cheese along with 1/3 cup fresh cranberries for a Christmas appetizer treat.
- Crab stuffed mushrooms – use 1/3 cup diced imitation crab and 1/3 cup cream cheese added to the original recipe to make a sea inspired version.
- Take a true shortcut and scoop one half cup of ready made spinach and artichoke dip into the mixture (removing the grated parm) and top with white cheddar.
- Adjust any of these recipes to make a large stuffed mushroom recipe or to stuff a portobello mushroom.
- Add lots of Italian herbs like basil, oregano, and parsley and parmesan for an Italian stuffed mushroom recipe.
- Try this copycat Olive Garden Stuffed mushroom recipe.
- Don’t have breadcrumbs? Use some Ritz crackers or matza crackers.
- For a garlic flavored recipe, mince up two cloves of garlic and add them to the mix!
What other appetizers to serve:
If you’re having a cocktail party, or if you just want a couple more apps to round out this easy mushroom appetizer, here are some suggestions:
- 1 package white button or portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Take the stems off of the mushrooms and chop into little pieces.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems and stir.
- Using a 1 tbsp scoop, scoop the filling into the mushroom caps
- Spray the bottom of your baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the mushrooms into the baking dish.
- Cover the stuffed mushrooms with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
This recipe for stuffed mushrooms can be adjusted in so many different ways! I've listed a whole bunch in the post! Check them out!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
This nutritional information is only meant as a guide.
Do you have any other stuffed mushroom recipes you can share? We’d LOVE to see them!