Easy Cast Iron Skillet Nachos
Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
It’s time to plan a family game day, and you want to make it special. How about something just a little different than big bowls of food, and something a little more personalized? It’s time for Easy Cast Iron Skillet Nachos!
Nachos may not seem like a new idea, and technically – they aren’t. But I’m here to tell you that it is time we took a new look at how to master engineering those layers of gooey goodness! You’re about to make the best nachos you’ve ever had.
Out of college I worked at this awesome little bar in CT that’s still serving up nachos, wings, and more to this day. How they taught me to make this nachos has been a guiding force in how I’ve judged nachos ever since.
The perfect game time entertaining food – Easy Cast Iron Skillet Nachos!
They’re the perfect food for game time entertaining. They’re easy to pick up – you can put some on a plate and move around, and the best part? They can be personalized by each person there to enjoy them. What makes these different? A game day that isn’t as big (less people joining you) so you can personalize them before they even hit the table! In my opinion, nachos should be super cheesy. Chips sans cheese don’t belong on a properly prepared nacho plate! There’s nothing worse than gearing up for a great plate of nachos only to find half of the plate without cheese!
Also – nachos don’t have to be ONLY tortilla chips! The twist here? Plantain chips are in the mix – they make for a surprising little bite that people mention as soon as they taste it!
These nachos can be prepared on a sheet pan for a crowd. There isn’t anything wrong with a lot of nachos in one place! This nachos recipe is easy, it’s crowd pleasing, and it’s full of cheese! We like to add pulled pork to ours – we call them “Pig Nachos” like they did at our favorite bar back in Connecticut. This supreme take on nachos will have you making them for small and big game time parties alike!
What makes these nachos different?
The base of the nachos in this recipes is a bit different. The choices are endless here and make your nachos your own. For this recipe I used plain nacho chips, along with blue corn nacho chips, and plantain chips. It’s a little, unexpected treat.
Easy Cast Iron Skillet Nachos
Individual nachos for game day entertainment that can be made for a fun family dinner or big game day celebration!
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 bag Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 bag Plantain Chips
- 2 bags Cheddar / Colby Jack Shredded Cheese Mix
- 1 package Jack Daniels Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup black olives (sliced)
- 2 whole jalapeños (sliced)
- Sour Cream
- Black Beans
- Additional Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
- Heat oven to 400
- On cast iron skillet, layer one layer of your mixed tortilla chips and plantains
- Cover with cheese, a spoonful of the pulled pork (follow package directions), and other remaining toppings
- Cook for four minutes
- Add a second layer of mixed tortilla chips and plantains, cover with cheese, a spoonful of the pulled pork along with other remaining toppings
- Cook another four minutes
- Add your last layer of mixed tortilla chips and plantains, cover with cheese, a spoonful of the pulled pork along with other remaining toppings
- Cook for five minutes allowing cheese to melt completely (adjust as necessary)
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more entertaining ideas, tips, and tricks?
20 Easy Appetizers for a Party
10 Best Main Dish Apple Recipes