Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
I’ve had a love affair with hot sauce since my days cooking and waitressing at TK’s American Cafe back in college – about 1994. They have the absolute best wings and wing sauces I’ve ever had. My favorite was Hot Honey BBQ. They have more sauces there now then they did way-back when I was there, but even then – nothing has ever come close to comparing what TK’s puts on the table – or the fond memories I have of that place. And since then – my heart belongs to hot buffalo sauce. And my Buffalo Chicken Burgers Recipe is the perfect way to feed my buffalo wing sauce cravings!
These days I spend more time at home than I do out and about – and we’ve moved far away from TK’s (boooo), but my love of spice hasn’t waned. We always have different types of hot sauces in our pantry, and love to cook with it regularly. One of our favorites? My Buffalo Chicken Burgers recipe! These are a quick weeknight meal and they bring all of the flavor of buffalo wings to the grill.
Tips on How to Make Buffalo Chicken Burgers:
- First – the meat. Pick up a really good quality ground chicken. I often get mine from the local butcher. It hasn’t been sitting around in packaging, and they work with local farmers. It’s a win-win for quality and taste.
- Second – the sauce. I’d love to have TK’s – but again, we’re no longer in the area. So for me – it’s usually one that I can pick up at the store. Lately I’ve been using Sweet Baby Ray’s, and its been really good.
- Third – from what I understand, toppings are regional, but I’m a blue cheese girl all the way. To me – ranch belongs on salad, but I digress. Pick up a nice quality blue cheese dressing. You’ll be happy you did.
- Fourth – heat up your grill a minimum of 25 minutes ahead of time. Don’t turn on a grill and expect it to be ready in five minutes. That’s not now you get a good sear, my friend.
- Fifth – have seconds. You may need them.
Buffalo Chicken Burgers Recipe:
There are a lot of recipes out there for Buffalo Chicken Burgers. Even Rachel Ray (love her) has one. This buffalo chicken burgers recipe has been developed over time and LOTS of taste testing – so I hope you give it a try!
- Two pounds of freshly ground chicken
- 1/2 cup of your favorite wing sauce
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 4 tbsp of crumbled blue cheese
- 3 of the inner small stalks of celery (leaves included)
- 1 tbsp of bread crumbs
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder
All of these ingredients combined, made into patties, and thrown on the grill make for delicious burgers when topped with more wing sauce, and blue cheese crumbles!
What to serve with Buffalo Chicken Burgers:
There is SO much that goes with this burger. Not to mention – it’s good on its’ own as well.
- Serve it on lettuce and make it low-carb.
- A side of veggies makes it a healthy meal.
- Potato salad
- Cucumber and tomato salad
- Baked beans
- Mom’s mac & cheese (sometimes you’ve got to go crazy)
- Ceasar Salad
So here’s to the good times at TK’s, great wing sauce, and the dawn of the Buffalo Chicken Burger recipe! Great for a weeknight meal, a summer party with friends, or as the start of your burger bar for a holiday weekend.
- 2 pounds fresh ground chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 of the small inner stalks of celery (including leaves, chopped finely
- 1.5 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
- 3 tbsp blue cheese crumbles with additional to top burgers
- Blue cheese dressing to top burgers
- Chop celery
- Melt butter
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix gently. If the meat is too dry, add a little more wing sauce. If it's too wet, add some additional bread crumbs.
- Place the burgers on the grill for approximately 10 minutes a side (my burgers were pretty thick). Always test the temperature with poultry as time will fluctuate with ovens, grills, etc. The temp should be no less than 165 degrees as read with a meat thermometer.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns, lettuce wraps, or on their own!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.