Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
Don’t want to settle for hot chocolate made from a powder? I don’t blame you. I’m sharing my recipe for easy slow cooker hot chocolate you can make for a Christmas holiday party or just for a crowd any time this winter! This crock pot recipe for hot chocolate is perfect for kids and spiked for adults! It’ll keep you warm and cozy on chilly winter days! It’s even perfect for an office holiday party!
There really isn’t much of anything that says the holidays are here more than setting up my Hot Cocoa Bar and keeping some of this delicious and easy slow cooker hot chocolate warming on the counter! Even better when you have company joining you for some festive activities like a Gingerbread House Party and you have too many cute kiddos to count!
Have you ever had hot chocolate that isn’t made from a package of powder? If you haven’t, you’re in for a treat, and I promise you – you won’t turn back. Not when it’s this easy!
Toppings for hot chocolate:
- Marshmallows (the shape isn’t limited to the traditional – use stars or snowman faces….)
- Whipped cream
- Sugar dust in holiday colors
- Gingerbread or mint cookies
- Peppermint sticks
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Marshmallow covered pretzels
- Shaved chocolate
- Chocolate covered spoons
Honestly, the list can go on and on! Your only limitation is your imagination!
How to serve:
I absolutely love my Santa mugs! Here are some similar ones to check out (also perfect for putting together your hot cocoa bar)!
The recipe couldn’t get any easier. In fact, it’s so easy you’ll probably have this hot chocolate going on a regular schedule at your house throughout the holiday season – just like it is at mine!
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
This easy to make slow cooker/crock pot hot chocolate recipe will have you off the cocoa packages for good! It's the easiest recipe you'll ever try - and your guests will be looking for seconds (and thirds).
- 12 cups whole milk
- 1.5 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder - sifted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Step 1 Sift your cocoa powder and place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 2.5 hours, and switch the slow cooker to warm. Serve all day topped with whipped cream and different hot cocoa fixings!
- Step 2 For an adult version, simply add a cup (or more of your favorite spiced rum, peppermint vodka, or other holiday cocktail mixer)!
Cook up a winter wonderland of goodness with this hot chocolate recipe!
You can use this recipe for so many different occasions:
- Christmas Eve
- For a crowd – spiked with rum!
- A kids Gingerbread House Decorating Party
- An office holiday party
- A holiday open house
- For a holiday potluck
You can even make this recipe your own:
- Add some Mexican spices like chipotle, and chili powder.
- Mix in some Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Use homemade whipped cream to top it off
However you decide to use the recipe – just keep it on hand. You’ll be using it again – I promise.
Have you finished shopping? If not – take a look at this Holiday Toy List!