Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
If you’re looking for the best chili recipe out there, you’ve found it. I’m sharing my Ultimate Chili Recipe: Slow Cooker Easy. Anything made in the slow cooker gets extra stars. So get that crockpot out and plugged in, because you’re about to make the Ultimate Chili Recipe! It’s slow cooker easy!
Why use a slow cooker for the Ultimate Chili Recipe? Slow cookers are easy!
There is absolutely nothing better than coming home to dinner being done? Perhaps there’s nothing better than getting game-day ready early. Whatever your reason for looking for an easy chili recipe, I’m here to tell you that there there isn’t a more crowd pleasing chili recipe out there.
I grew up on chili. My dad has always made my favorite chili. He made sure that every single bit was filled with spices and just enough of this or that. We ate our chili on white rice, and I loved it. I loved coming home and smelling it, eating it, and eating it again the next day. I loved everything about it, and I still do.
Chili has been an American staple for many years. It was introduced for the large part of the population in the beginning of the 20th century, where chili provided a meal that was inexpensive to make and could feed a whole family. This became important during the Great Depression. Since then, chili has been a popular dish that many keep in their regular meal-planning rotation, one that is often served at sporting events, campouts, and BBQ’s. You can read more about the origin of Chili and how it became such a staple on this article from NationalChiliDay.com.
Chili – A New Way (For Me)
The last time I made chili, I was making it with my husband’s tastes in mind. He likes his chili more Tex-Mex, so I set out to create a balance of what I loved about my dads chili – but adding a bit more heat, and some of the Tex-Mex flavors my husband loves.
What are the essentials for chili?
For a successful chili you always start with a similar base. This base didn’t change for my Tex-Mex version.
- Ground beef
- Tomato Paste
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Chili Powder
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder
You COULD make a chili with just these ingredients, stick them in the pot and call it done in an hour. That’s not how my dad rolls, and it certainly isn’t how I roll. Adding a little tomato paste just doesn’t give it enough long-time simmered flavor for me. I guarantee that this will be the best chili recipe you’ve ever tasted. And nothing tastes better than slow cooked food.
Fix this Ultimate Chili Recipe anyway you like!
In this recipe I used topping like diced red onion, sharp white cheddar, sliced jalapeños (from my garden), sour cream and green chilis, but the options are endless! You can choose whatever favorite chili toppings you like!
Favorite Chili Toppings:
- Pickled jalapeños
- Black Olives
- Cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- Additional diced chipotle chilis
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Red Onions
Serve up this Ultimate Slow Cooker Chili with a side of corn bread, and you’re ready to go! It will surely win the hearts of your friends as mine has and they’ll be asking you for what they think is the best chili recipe ever! It’ll fill your families bellies or a bunch of game-day bellies without hardly any effort!
It’s an easy meal to add to any buffet, and is usually one of the first to go.
- 2.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 small can green chilis
- 2 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 15oz cans Great Northern Beans (or whatever beans you have in your pantry. Drained, not rinsed.
- 2 tsp diced chipotle chili in adobo sauce (more if you like the heat)
- 1 15oz can corn (drained)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (I generally purchase the tubes)
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp pepper
- 1.5 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp masa harina
Brown ground beef in skillet over medium high heat. Season with 1/2 cumin, 1/2 salt, 1/2 pepper. Drain the grease and place into the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours.Serve with any fixings that you enjoy! I used diced red onion, sharp white cheddar, sliced jalapeños, sour cream, and green chilis. Enjoy!
Kick up the heat even more with a couple more tablespoons of adobo sauce, or red chili flakes! Serve over white rice, on top of baked potatoes, or even on hot dogs.
Use turkey meat or a combination of turkey and 90% lean beef for a healthier version!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Divitis FUSION Porcelain Dinnerware Set 12 Piece, Blue Round Plates (Soup Bowls, Dinner Plates, Salad Plates), Porcelain Dinnerware Set, Dinnerware Set, Dinner Plates, Plates and Bowls Sets
- Disposable Wooden Cutlery Set - Natural, Eco-Friendly, Biodegradable, Compostable - Great Alternative to Plastic or Bamboo Utensils - Pack of 255 (85 Forks, 85 Spoons, 85 Knives - 6.5") By Aevia
- Buffet Serving Utensils, Serving Spoons, AOOSY 6 Pieces Basics Stainless Steel Serving Set Flatware Set Knife Fork Spoon Tablespoons For Home Chef Commercial Use Buffet Breakfast Dinner Set
- Ruvanti Kitchen Cloth Napkins 12 Pack (18" X18"), Dinner Napkins Soft and Comfortable Reusable Napkins - Durable Linen Napkins - Perfect Table Napkins/Grey Napkins for Family Dinners, Weddings.
- LIFVER 1.1 Quart Porcelain Serving Bowls for Salad, Side dishes, Soup, Dessert, Set of 4, White
- KitchenAid KSC6223SS 6-Qt. Slow Cooker with Standard Lid - Stainless Steel
More warm weather and game-day favorites: