Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
Are you looking for the perfect Christmas cocktail? Try a Rosemary Pomegranate Mimosa! It’s one of the easiest cocktails you’ll ever make, and it couldn’t look more festive!
This simple cocktail is very easy to make. The cocktail contains champagne (or Prosecco), and cranberry juice. Simply add a festive rosemary sprig in addition to some pomegranate seeds and you’re ready to start the party!
The best ever drinks for the holidays are simple to make and easy to serve. That’s what makes this cocktail a winner in my house every year, and as a result, has people asking for it time after time. If they only realized how easy they were to make! What’s the best part? You can make a pitcher of them just before guests arrive and you’ll be able to join the party!
I hear you – you never know what champagne to purchase or which one will taste best with your cocktail ingredients. I’ve got you covered in my new digital cookbook, Holiday Sips. You can learn all about it and pick up a copy for yourself right here! Some have called it “a super small investment into eliminating party stress”! (I couldn’t agree more). First, let’s talk about pomegranates.
What is a pomegranate and how do I get those seeds out?
A pomegranate is a fruit that was originally grown in the Middle East regions, but today they are even grown right in Arizona & some parts of California! You can read more about Pomegranates in this article. The seeds are the gold in this berry type fruit, which can be easily removed by tapping the back of a halved pomegranate with a wooden spoon. There are so many different ways that people remove the seeds – personally, I believe this to be the easiest.
What type of champagne do I use?
Be sure to use a drier champagne because the pomegranate juice is usually sweetened. If you decide to go with an unsweetened juice use a Prosecco.
How to serve a mimosa:
Champagne flutes are all you need to serve up this festive holiday cocktail, and they don’t need to be expensive ones! These rosemary pomegranate mimosas look beautiful adorned with a fresh sprig of rosemary and even pomegranate seeds should you decide to add them.
- Make-ahead: You can make this cocktail in batches ahead of your guests arriving. Don’t make them more than a few minutes before the guests arrive, however; because you don’t want to risk them going flat.
- Prep-ahead: Add your juice, a rosemary sprig, and some pomegranate seeds to the glasses placed on a platter. After guests arrive, pop open the champagne, add it to the glasses and serve! Doing it this way allows you be prepared, yet involve your guests in the process.
These cocktails are not limited to brunch!
Rosemary Pomegranate Mimosas make a fantastic addition to your holiday or Christmas brunch! However; don’t limit yourself because of the word mimosa! These cocktails can be served at any time of day! Make them a part of your Holiday Open House or your holiday cocktail party! Regardless of when you serve this cocktail, your guests will love it!
- 1 bottle of champagne or Prosecco
- 1 bottle of sweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 sprig of rosemary for each champagne flute
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seed for garnish
- Add rosemary sprig and pomegranate seeds to a champagne flute.
- Add a bottle of pomegranate juice to a pitcher
- Top off the pitcher with champagne.
Don't make this recipe too far in advance! You don't want your champagne to go flat!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 24 Stemless Plastic Champagne Flutes - 9 Oz Plastic Champagne Glasses | Clear Plastic Unbreakable Toasting Glasses |Shatterproof | Disposable | Reusable Perfect For Wedding Or Party
- Royalty Art Fancy Serving Tray- Polished Silver Stainless Steel, Elegant Home Decor for Appetizers, Hor Dourves, Wine, and Event Hosting, Engraved Black Line
- COYMOS Champagne Flutes Set
Enjoy this Rosemary Pomegranate Cocktail!
Enjoy your holidays – and don’t forget to check out Holiday Sips! All of the best holiday cocktails in one place – perfectly paired with appetizers!
You’ll love this holiday content: