Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
Christmas themed cocktails always go a long way with me – I mean, I wrote a book about it! If you haven’t already, please do yourself a favor and check out Holiday Sips! It’ll take the overwhelm of the holidays off of your shoulders when planning holiday cocktails and appetizers! A Brandy Old Fashioned is a sweet drink that has long been a favorite during the holidays. It’s classic, it’s got a touch of sweet, and it’s easy to make for a crowd! The Brandy Old Fashioned is a perfect hoiday cocktail!
What is a Brandy Old Fashioned cocktail?
Traditionally, the Old Fashioned was made with whisky. Although brandy is picking up in popularity because of how smooth a taste it has, and how it embodies the spirits of the holidays. Regardless of the alcohol you choose, an Old Fashioned cocktail starts with combining sweets and bitters. That’s followed by pressing the drink with soda water. To press means you “top it off”. In the version I’m sharing there is no soda. Or even a sugar cube (some are now in absolute shock). My version of this drink is as warm and toasty as a fire on Christmas Eve! Check out more about the history of the Brandy Old Fashioned here.
How do you make a Brandy Old Fashioned?
To make this non-traditional Brandy Old Fashioned, we’ll begin by warming things up.
- Place water and maple syrup into a saucepan and heat on medium heat until the maple syrup is dissolved into the water.
- Stir in the bitters and turn off the heat.
- Divide into mugs or heat safe glasses and garnish with a maraschino cherry and a slice orange.
It doesn’t really get any easier than that, now does it? You can make this cocktail in small or large batches. Check out Holiday Sips for the perfect pairing!
- 4 oz water
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 8 oz bourbon
- 8 dashes bitters
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- Place the water and maple syrup into a saucepan and heat on a medium heat until the maple syrup is dissolved into the water.
- Sitr in bourbon and bitters and turn off the heat.
- Divide into mugs or heat safe glasses and garnish with a maraschino cherry and a sliced orange.
Make in larger batches or more guests!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Tillen Farms Maraschino Cherries, 13.5 oz.
- Bitters Bottle Set - Glass Bitter Bottle, with Zinc Alloy Dash Top, Great Bottle For Your Bitters (3)
- Angostura Aromatic Bitters, 4 oz - PACK OF 2
- MOFADO Crystal Whiskey Glasses - Classic - 12oz (Set of 2) - Hand Blown Crystal - Thick Weighted Bottom Rocks Glasses - Perfect for Scotch, Bourbon and Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Thick Bottom Bourbon Glasses Old Fashioned Rocks Glass Tumbler for Scotch, Cocktail, Liquor, Home Bar Whiskey Gifts for Men (Glass Set 2)
- Farielyn-X Crystal Old Fashioned Whiskey Glasses (Set of 6), 11 Oz Unique Bourbon Glass, Ultra-Clarity Double Old Fashioned Liquor Vodka Bourbon Cocktail Scotch Tumbler Bar Glasses Set
I hope you enjoy this warm, delicious cocktail! Your friends and family will thank ou for making it!