Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program and will earn a small advertising fee if you click on products mentioned in this post and purchase. This is no extra cost to readers.
Roasted Beets & Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
Honestly, my friend Dawn makes the best roasted beets. She really does. They’re just perfectly crispy, a little bit salty, and the color is amazing. Dawn really has turned me on to roasted beets and my recipe for Roasted Beets & Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon was inspired by her.
Developing a Menu
I have been in the process of developing my Thanksgiving menu, and I really wanted to include a little bit of red and green. I don’t know of any two better vegetables for including red and green than Brussels and beets. Also, I wanted something simple. A dish that I could add to the Thanksgiving menu without adding any stress to the day. Hence, Roasted Beets & Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon was born.
Who Can Resist a Beet??
Just the color and the pattern of beets makes my creative juices start gurgling. Here’s a tip – cut on a plastic cutting board and follow up by placing the sliced beets onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cut your beets into medium sized discs.
- Cut large Brussels sprouts in half.
- Place both onto a sheet pan.
- Add red onions for color and a kick.
- Cover with your olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place into a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and crumble crispy bacon over the top.
- Serve & Enjoy
Does it get any easier?
I’m going with NO on that one. Roasted Beets & Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon is one of the easiest side dishes I’ve ever developed, and I have full intention of serving it on Thanksgiving!
I hope I make Dawn proud.
Beets, Brussels Sprouts & Crispy Bacon Side Dish
Beets, Brussels & Crispy Bacon - An Impressive & Easy Holiday or Any Day Side Dish
- 3 medium sized fresh beets sliced into 1/2
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Step 2 Place all vegetables on a sheet pan.
- Step 3 Toss in olive oil & spices.
- Step 4 Place in 375 oven for 40 minutes.
- Step 5 Stir together, top with crispy bacon.
- Step 6 Serve & Enjoy (that was easy, right)??