Gift Guide for Grandparents
We plan Christmas early in my family. I usually start purchasing gifts in July. As a matter of fact, I have purchased gifts in February. Some people call me crazy, but the thing I love most is giving to others, so I’m always on the lookout for the best gifts for the people I love. I’m all about Christmas and giving. I was talking with my mom one day, telling her about some of the writing I was planning on doing and she said, “How about a gift guide for Grandparents? They usually have everything they need and they’re hard to buy for”.
Affiliate disclosure: Sweet Humble Home is a participant in Amazon's affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is no extra cost to readers.
Well, that’s a great idea.
1. Gift certificate from a local cleaning person for one thorough house cleaning.
2. A one night stay at a bed and breakfast near a lake or the ocean.
3. Movie tickets. Who doesn’t love to catch a good flick?
4. A gift certificate to their favorite grocery store.
5. Tickets to a theater or convention center to see a performer from their favorite era.
6. Gift certificate to their favorite restaurant.
7. A gift certificate to Walmart for essentials that they need.
8. Lawn cleanup in the spring. Take care of this chore, and this expense for them to take it off of their plate.
9. Gift card for oil change or tire rotation.
10. Gift certificate to their favorite beauty salon or barber shop.
11. A homemade cake or cookies. I mean, who can resist fresh baked goods?
12. A special picture drawn by a much loved grandchild. Frame it up so they can place it somewhere special.
13. Many people love to read. If they don’t already have one, a Kindle would be a wonderful gift for a grandparent – especially if it was paired with some books that were already downloaded or a gift card to purchase some.
15. A photo album or photo book of grandchildren taken during the year.
16. Gift certificate covering snow plowing for the winter. Grandparents shouldn’t be out there shoveling. This is a gift that keeps on giving.
17. Gift card for coffee i.e. Panera, Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.
18. A trip to a national monument or an access pass to national parks.
20. Grocery delivery of the essentials each week. Again, this is a gift that keeps on giving!
My mom helped to come up with so many of these ideas! I hope that this Gift Guide for Grandparents helps make gift giving to the grandparents in your life a little bit easier this time around (and maybe even next time)!