Affiliate disclosure: We may earn a small commission if you click on products mentioned in this post. This is no extra cost to our readers and helps to keep the blog up and running!
Easy appetizers are an essential for any home cook to have in their recipe box.
Are you looking for a quick and easy appetizer? A super easy appetizer – bacon wrapped water chestnuts is one you’ll always want to keep handy. It’s fantastic for parties, and intimate gatherings alike and is quickly put together with minimal ingredients
There are only four ingredients.
Does it get any easier than that? I think not. Whole water chestnuts, low sodium soy sauce, bacon, and brown sugar. That’s it. My mom has served these for as long as I can remember. What I also remember is that they disappeared really quickly!
Soak two cans of whole water chestnuts in low sodium soy sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 375.
Wrap each of the whole water chestnuts in a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
Dredge each in brown sugar and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet that has been prepped with cooking spray.
Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Check frequently to make sure that they aren’t burning. Every oven is a little different, and you don’t want these to burn. Once they start to burn they do so quickly. They should be cooked until the bacon is crisp.
Enjoy! That’s all there is to it!
One of my favorite ways to entertain is to serve appetizers rather than a full meal. You could add these to my Fall Appetizer Roundup and keep your guest full and happy! A simple appetizer to a meal. Pair it with my slow cooker pot roast for a real hit!.
Easy Appetizer - Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are an easy, delicious appetizer that will have your guests asking for more!
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts
- 1c low sodium soy sauce
- 1c brown sugar
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- Step 1 Soak both cans of whole water chestnuts in low sodium soy sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Step 2 Wrap each water chestnut with a slice of bacon.
- Step 3 Secure with toothpick (soak toothpicks in water prior).
- Step 4 Dredge the bacon wrapped water chestnut in brown sugar.
- Step 5 Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Step 6 Cook on 375 for approximately 12 minutes. Check frequently as it will burn easily.
- Step 7 Remove from oven and serve when bacon is cooked through and the brown sugar has cooked on top.