Affiliate disclosure: We may earn a small advertising fee if you click on products mentioned in this post. This is no extra cost to readers.
Have you ever wanted a quick tasted of autumn, but didn’t have the time to bake a pie?
Autumn is my favorite time of year. Apples are synonymous with everything autumn, and my quick Cinnamon Apples – are a great way to get a little taste of fall into your tummy.
This recipe actually came out of my sons request for “warm pie” at school one morning. Therefore, I put all but the crust elements together, microwaved them and put them into a thermos. He has been taking quick cinnamon apples to school ever since.
5 Minute Morning Prep
Basically, you grab a granny smith apple, (I use them because they tend to stand up to the microwave really well without getting mushy), peel and slice, sprinkle on a teaspoon cinnamon, some brown sugar, and a touch of maple syrup, mix and pop it into the microwave for four minutes. Mix again, and place it into a thermos. If you’d like a crumble on top you can add that with a little bit of cinnamon granola. It will soften up in the thermos.
The house will smell amazing, your child will have something warm in their belly, and you’ll be motivated to get the Slow Cooker Pot Roast going because when you come home later, your entire house will still smell like a warm fall day, and dinner will be ready!
Get organized with my weekly meal planning worksheet by signing up for my email list. Bonus? You’ll never miss a new post!
Easy Cinnamon Apples
- 1 Large Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- (Granola for topping if desired)
- Step 1 Peel and slice apple
- Step 2 Place into coffee mug or small bowl
- Step 3 Mix in cinnamon, brown sugar, and maple syrup
- Step 4 Cook on high for 4 minutes (cooking time may decrease based on your microwave)
- Step 5 Mix, top with granola if desired, and enjoy!
- Step 6 (I place the warm apples into a thermos for my little one to enjoy for snack at school).